Medicaid Application FAQs

  • Where do I go to apply for Medicaid?

    There are several ways to apply for Medicaid and other medical assistance programs:

    • You can find out if you qualify for Medicaid or other medical assistance and social service programs by speaking with a representative at your local DFCS office. Call the DFCS information line at 877-423-4746 to be directed to the appropriate office where someone can help you. For a list of DFCS locations and address, phone, fax numbers in your county click the following link:,click on County Offices, next click on Complete List of All County offices.

    ​To apply for Medicaid, you  can submit a completed signed application online at, or you may print a Medicaid application and submit the completed signed application at any local DFCS office, in person, by mail, telephone, fax or email. Click on the following links to complete and print your application.

    • English
    • Spanish

    ​If you are pregnant or have breast or cervical cancer, you may apply for Presumptive Medicaid at your local health department. Please call 404-657-2700

  • Where do I go to apply for Right from the Start Medicaid?

    RSM applications are taken at local county DFCS offices, various other community locations such as hospitals, health departments, medical centers, schools, churches and RSM Outreach Project team offices. Applications are taken at convenient times - prior to, during and after 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. business hours. Contact the RSM Outreach Project at 1-800-809-7276 for locations to apply.

  • Where do I go to apply for Women’s Health Medicaid for breast or cervical cancer patients?

    Any uninsured, low-income woman who has been diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer should go to the county health department in their county of residence. You may contact the Department of Public Health at 404-657-2700 for county health department locations. Information about the program can also be obtained from the Georgia Cancer Control Section by email [email protected] or by telephone 404-657-3156.