Patients First Act
Governor Brian P. Kemp signed The Patients First Act into law on March 27, 2019. The Act authorizes the Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) to submit a Section 1115 Medicaid Waiver request to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and also authorizes the Governor to submit a Section 1332 waiver to identify innovative health insurance coverage solutions for the commercial health insurance marketplace.
The public comment period for the 1115 and 1332 Waivers closed on December 3, 2019.
On December 23, 2019, the state of Georgia submitted the Georgia Pathways 1115 Demonstration Waiver and the Georgia Access 1332 State Relief and Empowerment Waiver to the federal government.
On July 31, 2020, the state of Georgia submitted a modified Georgia Access 1332 State Relief and Empowerment Waiver to the federal government.
Important updates: The “Georgia Access” 1332 Waiver application has been modified and is available for review by clicking the link below. The public comment period for the modified Georgia Access 1332 Waiver application has been extended to September 23, 2020. The Public Notice found includes details on the modifications to the waiver.
On Oct. 15, 2020, CMS announced the approval of Georgia’s "Pathways to Coverage" Medicaid section 1115 demonstration waiver.
On Nov. 3, 2020, DCH acknowledged and accepted receipt of the “Georgia Pathways to Coverage” Medicaid Section 1115 demonstration waiver special terms and conditions (STCs). To read the acknowledgment letter, click.
Please see the links below to review each waiver.
To access the approved 1115 Medicaid Waiver click here
To access the 1115 Medicaid Waiver application click
To access the 1332 Waiver application click
To access the modified 1332 Waiver application click
To access the 1332 waiver application with updates from the federal public comment period click
- Families and Children
- All Medicaid Members
- Third-Party Liability
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Georgia Families 360°
- Georgia Families
- Georgia Medicaid Electronic Visit Verification
- Georgia Money Follows The Person (Ga MFP)
- Patients First Act
Planning For Healthy Babies
- Planning for Healthy Babies Program Overview
- Client Benefits & Services
- Provider Network
- Planning for Healthy Babies FAQs
- Planning for Healthy Babies and Privacy
- Planning For Healthy Babies Annual Reporting
- Planning For Healthy Babies Semi-Annual Reporting
- Planning For Healthy Babies Quarterly Reporting
- Planning for Healthy Babies Fact Sheet
- Planning For Healthy Babies Summative Evaluation Reporting
- Contact P4HB
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Procurement
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
- Right from the Start Medical Assistance Group
- TEFRA/Katie Beckett
- Waiver Program
- Long Term Services and Supports